Fragrance and perfumes are one of the ways to express yourself. The fragrance you wear can say a lot about you.
Those who understand the language of perfumes can know you and your choices just by a sniff (Yeah! Perfume lovers are gifted with a good nose!). Women fragrance or perfume for men, if you understand the lingo you can sniff and judge too!!
In this day and age where fashion is all about brands and creative ways to express yourself, perfumes grab a big place in Fashion. But, when choosing a perfume many people who are starting their perfume journey can experience confusion.
Many people can be intimidated when they are about to buy a perfume. Three reasons why choosing a perfume can be daunting,
- Fear of smelling so strong to knock out the person standing next to you!
- You do not understand the Perfume Lingo, the descriptions can be poetic and sometimes quite cryptic!
- Or simply because you need to choose from that overwhelming number of options!
Whatever the reason be, we at TRU perfumes would like to guide you how you can choose the best perfume. Here are 5 simple steps to find your perfect pick.
- Learn the language of perfume: Though each perfume is explained in a poetic fashion, they actually tell you what the perfume is all about. Perfume is always divided into 3 notes, base note, heart note (AKA middle note) and top note.
- Learn how to judge notes of perfumes: The 3 notes what we told you about plays a vital role in how your perfume smells. When you spritz perfume for the first time, you will always smell Top notes first. After a while, depending on the concentration of perfume, it may fade in half an hour or a couple of hours. Later what you smell is heart or middle notes. When this also fades the base notes are the ones that last till the end.
- Know the types of concentrations: It is no big deal to understand higher the concentration level higher the price and the longer the perfume lasts. The higher concentrations are usually termed as Perfume or Parfum and they last for the entire day. The next level is Eau de Parfum and this concentration usually lasts for 6 to 8 hours. The third type is eau de toilette, they are light on pocket, fragrance and will last for 3 hours. The last type is Eau de cologne, which is the lowest of concentration.
- Know your preferences: Say you like citrus notes and not so much jasmine, then try not to buy a perfume just because jasmine is mentioned after citrus. (top note). Your perfume may have jasmine as middle note or base note. Know your favourite notes and how you want to smell.
- A simple trick is to take a sample test when you are out shopping. Always test only one perfume at a time.
With these tricks and tips, we at TRU Perfume believe that you will be able to choose your scent easily.
At TRU perfumes we have a huge collection of perfume for women like, CHANEL,BVLGARI, CARTIER, GUCCI, ELIZABETH ARDEN, PRADA, JIMMY CHOO DOLCE & GABBANA, VALENTINO, NINA RICCI, and Perfume for men like CHRISTIAN DIOR, ARAMIS, DAVIDOFF, CALVIN KLEIN, HUMMER, ISSEY MIYAKE, TOMMY HILFIGER, VERSACE and many more.
At our perfume online store, we provide Australia wide free shipping and you can also pick up your perfume from our store at 12 Fisher Street, Silverwater NSW 2128.So, what are you waiting for? Shop your perfume right away at TRU Perfumes now. Experience the world of fragrance today.